Video: Artificial loch created in 1950s is drained to reveal lost glen beneath its surface
Loch Glascarnoch, near Garve, has supplied water to Mossford hydro power station since 1957.
But operators SSE have now manually lowered the water level ahead of the winter months where daily increases of more than one metre are common.
With the water level now at its lowest, structures previously hidden, including an old road, bridge, and telegraph polls, are now visible again.
Glascarnoch and its dam form part of SSE’s Conon hydro-electric scheme with water travelling through an 8km long tunnel to the dam’s turbines.