Window to the Past: tea rooms, Rouken Glen

These tea rooms were located in the stables and offices of Birkenshaw Cottage.

In 1907, the then Glasgow Corporation decided to convert these areas into tea and refreshment rooms and invited purveyors to lease them.

The tea rooms were opened in June 1907 and appears to have proved popular if the customers pictured here are anything to go by.