A fire engine and five firefighters from Cumbernauld Fire Station based themselves at McDonald’s car park in the town centre to make the public aware of issues surrounding fire safety.
Members of the public who attended were issued with plenty of information and advice.
They were also told that fire safety visits can be arranged to help keep them safe at home.
Some of the advice given out surrounded common causes of fires such as overloading plug sockets. Firefighters also spoke about the dangers of chip pans, following a number of fires caused by them in the town recently.