Dog owners warned to keep pets out of the water
Blue-algae blooms were found in the loch this week and signs have been put up to warn dog owners.
The Stirling Council sign says: “High concentrations of blue-green algae have been found in this water.
“Swallowing the water, algal scum or shoreline mats can cause stomach upsets or more serious health effects.
“Contact with the water or with algal scum can cause skin problems.
“It is a sensible precaution for you, your children and your animals to avoid contact with the scum, algal mats and the water close by.”
Dog owners are being advised to keep their pets out of the water until the signs have been removed.
For further information please contact the Countryside Ranger Service on 0141 956 6100.