Firework went through Carluke window surround like a bullet

A PENSIONER startled by a loud bang on Guy Fawkes’ Night found next morning that a rocket had gone through the PVC surround of her window.

And, while accepting that it would have been an accident, she is concerned that a firework powerful enough to do that could have killed a child.

“If that had been a child it would have killed them,” said Freda Wilshaw, who lives in Carluke.

For more on this story, pick up a copy of this week’s Carluke and Lanark Gazette.

Related topics: