The council has granted permission for filming of the show, which is based on Irvine Welsh’s novel and features Scottish star Dougray Scott as troubled detective DI Ray Lennox, to take place from Saturday.
They have issued a list of road closures for residents and drivers to be aware of.
From 3pm on Saturday, November 5 until 1pm on Sunday, November 6, the following roads will be closed to the public:
- Bell Street between Candleriggs and Walls Street,
- Albion Street between Bell Street and Trongate,
- Hanson Street at Hanson Park,
- The full length of Shuttle Street and College Street
From 10am until 1pm on Sunday, November 6:
- Shuttle Street at the junction of College Street will be off limits
Filming will then take place later that day between 5pm and 7.30pm at:
- Hanson Street at Hanson Park
- Hanson Park at Hanson Street
Between 3pm on Tuesday, November 8 and midnight on Wednesday, November 8 production crews will be making use of:
- Claremont Place between Woodside Terrace and Claremont Terrace Lane
- Claremont Terrace between Claremont Place and property number five.
The same locations will be used between Monday, November 14 at 3pm and midnight on Wednesday November 16.
Final filming will take place from 3pm on Thursday, November 17 until 1pm on Friday, November 18 at:
- Greendyke Street between London Road and Charlotte Street
Glasgow City Council has confirmed the reasons for restriction are temporary to allow filming to take place.
Emergency services vehicles will be exempt from these restrictions as well vehicles needed on set which have been approved by the council.