This week’s choice for our Third Degree grilling is Tricia Naidoo
. You’re involved in managing and coaching at Cumbernauld Swimming Club. Who is the swimmer who has impressed you most and why?
I can’t pick any one swimmer, swimming is a very difficult sport that requires dedication and commitment. Swimmers train everyday sometimes twice a day.
2. What did you make of the Commonwealth Games?
It was a fantastic spectacle, made me proud to be Scottish and proud to be involved in sport.
3. What’s the key piece of advice you would give to any young person who wants to succeed in sport?
Enjoy your sport! It gives you great transferrable skills that you can use in every walk of life and you make great friends.
4. What gives you the feelgood factor?
My family and friends. They make life good.
5. Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us.
My butterfly is awful!
6. Which two people alive or dead would you most like to meet?
Muhammad Ali and Frank Sinatra,
7. What is the biggest lesson that life has taught you?
Treat people the way you would like them to treat you and don’t take yourself too seriously.
8.What was the first record you ever bought?
Honey by Bobby Goldsboro
9.If money was no object how would you spend the rest of your life?
I wouldn’t change a thing but perhaps take more holidays
10. How would you like to be remembered?
I would just like to be remembered.