Tumble dryer sets garage on fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called out to tackle a blaze in Craigmarloch at the weekend.

The fire was at Glen Orchy Drive, on Saturday evening. It is believed to have originated from a tumble dryer which was in a garage.

Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus entered the premises and extinguished the fire.

There was some damage to the garage but no injuries were sustained.

A fire brigade spokesman said: “This fire shows that it is not a good idea to leave tumble dryers unattended, which is often the case when they are in garages.”