Emergency services were called today at 12.40pm.
It is believed the problem, at the Tesco end of the centre, may have been caused by paint fumes which were circulated through an air vent.
A number of people are being treated by paramedics at the scene for breathing difficulties as a precaution.
The shopping centre tweeted: “We’ve temporarily evacuated Silverburn as a precautionary measure and the emergency services are in attendance. The safety of our customers and staff is always our number one priority. We will keep you updated on the situation.”
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service’s Environmental Protection Team are part of the emergency response.
A Police Scotland spokesman said: “We were called at 12.40pm from a number of people who had been evacuated from Silverburn after a number of people feeling unwell.”