A landmark of Shawlands, the Corona has been around since the early part of the last century — 1912-13, to be precise.
The pub was built at that time by Clarke and Bell for publican James O’Malley to service the needs of many thirsty southsiders, and has been a firm favourite with them ever since.
Our picture was taken in 1939 (just before or after the break-out of the Second World War is not clear).
The exact address of the hostelry is 1039-1041 Pollokshaws Road.
Beside it, (down the slope) is what has become the Shed nightclub.
Photo courtesy of the Mitchell Library.