Scotland’s animal welfare charity was alerted by a member of the public earlier this month.
The otter was found strangled by fishing line that was tangled around their neck and they were caught in debris.
“Unfortunately this otter was dead on arrival as it had been strangled by the fishing line.
“It can take a number of days for wildlife to succumb to an injury like this and sometimes it can be hard to spot wire wrapped around flesh as it may be so tight that it’s hard to see.
“We would urge those who use fishing line, rope, netting or any form of wire to please make sure you take this away with you.
"It can have a detrimental effect on a number of different animals through becoming tangled or by ingesting it.
“If anyone does find a wild animal trapped in wire or rope, our advice is not to approach them but to call 03000 999 999.”
The charity’s Lanarkshire centre is in need of hay, toys, and tunnels for the small animals in its care.
Alternatively, items can dropped-in daily between 1-4pm at Bothwell Road, Hamilton, ML3 0SB.