People of all ages and abilities are being invited to take part in this out-of-this world celebration of cycling.
From pedal-powered cinemas and extraterrestrials to African adventures and local history rides, there will be something for everyone at The Big Bike Fest which runs until June 5 and ends with a free family gala near the Allander Leisure Centre in Bearsden.
This includes an exciting stunt show, ‘funny’ bikes, cycle lessons, a skills track, bouncy castles and more.
Other events during The Big Bike Fest include:
· An Evening with Mark Beaumont: Africa Solo (June 1 at Milngavie Town Hall) - join the celebrated cyclist as he recounts riding the entire length of Africa. Free, but book tickets now to avoid disappointment.
· Family Night Ride and Cycle Cinema (June 3 - meet at Bearsden Primary) - help power the cycle cinema and enjoy a screening of ‘E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial’
· Belles on Bikes: Ladies Night Ride (May 31)
· Midweek Meander for people over the age of 60 ( May 31) - taking in local cycle routes and areas of interest
· Sunday Cycle Skool (May 29 at the Allander) - calling all mums, dads and mini-cyclists - come along and spend the morning learning to cycle, topped off with a group ride in the afternoon with SustransSunday Cycling Skool. Free, but booking essential.
· Bike Breakfast with Dr Bike (June 1)
· Mr Chipping’s History Ride (June 4) - join the Victorian headmaster for an historic tour of Bearsden by bicycle.
Visit www.thebigbikefest.org.uk to book.