TRNSMT 2022: when is Glasgow music festival, lineup for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, can I still get tickets?
TRNSMT 2022 has released its list of set times for the festival.
and live on Freeview channel 276
TRNSMT festival promises to be one of the biggest events of the summer.
The event that has quickly become one of the biggest festivals in the UK is almost here, and fans will be waiting patiently for those gates to open.
So, when will TRNSMT kick off in Glasgow?
Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming festival.
When is the TRNSMT festival?
TRNSMT festival is scheduled to run from Friday 8 July to Sunday 10 July 2022.
When do the TRNSMT gates open?
Gates open at midday each day and the event closes at 11pm.
The VIP area stays open until Midnight.
There is a box office located next to each entrance. Box offices open an hour before doors and close at 9pm each night
Stage times will be available on the event app nearer the time.
Where is the TRNSMT festival?
The festival is held in the heart of Glasgow at Glasgow Green.
It’s within walking distance of the City Centre, close to the Merchant City and has good links to a variety of train stations and bus routes.
There are 3 entrances:
West Entrance (Saltmarket)
East Entrance (off Templeton Street)
VIP Entrance (Templeton St)
There is no parking available at this festival and roads surrounding the site will be closed with vehicle access restricted for local residents who have an official vehicle pass.
Can I still get tickets?
Tickets are still available from the TRNSMT site.
There are three day weekend tickets still available which will give you access to the festival for the entire weekend (8 July - 10 July). The three day weekender tickets are currently priced at £175 plus the booking fee.
The festival offers two day passes which are currently priced at £129 plus the booking fee. However, the only two day pass available are for the Saturday and Sunday.
What Transport is available?
There are last-minute cancellations and extremely limited rail services across Scotland at the moment.
The festival organisers advise that you plan ahead and don’t rely on trains to get you to and from TRNSMT, check the ScotRail website for the latest information, and look at alternative travel options.
Glasgow Green can be accessed by Buchanan Bus Station, which is around a twenty-minute walk.
Happy Bus is running services from across Scotland to and from cinch presents TRNSMT. This service must be pre-booked at www.happybus.co.uk.
Glasgow Green can be accessed from three Subway Stations all of which are a fifteen-minute walk - Bridge Street, Buchanan Street and St Enoch.
TRNSMT have created their own walking routes map for fetival goers and it can be found at the official website.
How much are drinks at TRNSMT?
The festival released a full breakdown of prices of the drinks they will be selling within the festival grounds:
Lager & Cider
- Pint of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner - £6.50
- Pint of Somersby Cider - £6.50
- Single Bacardi spiced & Pepsi Max - £7.50
- Single Sapphire gin & tonic - £7.50
- Single Patron Silver tequila & ginger beer - £9.50
- Single Eristoff vodka & mixer - £7.50
- Single Bacardi Carta Blanca White Rum & mixer - £7.50
- Single Eristoff vodka & Red Bull - £9.50
Fountain Hard Seltzer
- Watermelon 330ml - £6.50
- Passionfruit 330ml - £6.50
- Single serve - £7
- Red Bull 250ml £4
- Water 500ml £2.60
- Pepsi Max 330ml £2.80
- 7 Up Free 330ml £2.80
What food vendors will be at TRNSMT?
Here is a full list of the food that will be available at the festival this year:
- Typhoon Ten - dirty burgers and fries
- Antojitos - Mexican
- Antojitos HOT DVGS- Hotdogs
- Taberu - Japanese street food
- Streat Bao Buns - Fluffy savoury buns with an array of filling options
- Duck street food - Crispy aromatic duck, pancakes, duck loaded fries
- Stag Bites the Hog - BBQ smoked meats, burgers and fries
- Papa’s Loaded Fries - Fries stacked with delicious toppings
- Screaming Peacock - artisanal burgers made with high grade meat
- Fire Dog - Gourmet hotdogs
- Chicken Skoop- Handheld chicken and waffles in a cone
- Black Rooster Peri Peri - Peri peri chicken, chips and wraps
- Mrs.Falafel - Authentic fallafal, salads, wraps, fries
- Mac Love- Mac and Cheese
- Doughmans’ Land - Wood fired pizza with a street food twist
- Róst - gourmet salads, sandwiches and specialised cuisines
- Hector & Harriet - tea and coffee
- Extreme Whippy - Gelatoni Ice Cream
Who is playing TRNSMT festival?
The festival will host three stages which are Main Stage, King Tut’s Stage, and River Stage. For the full breakdown of acts scheduled to play each stage you can check out the official TRNSMT website.
The following acts are confirmed to be performing on Main Stage at the listed times throughout the weekend:
- The Bootleg Beatles - 12:40pm - 1:45pm
- Ella Henderson - 2:15pm - 2:55pm
- The Lathums - 3:25pm - 4:10pm
- Tom Grennan - 4:40pm - 5:30pm
- Nile Rodgers & CHIC - 6pm - 7pm
- Sam Fender - 7:30pm - 8:40pm
- Paolo Nutini - 9:20pm - 10:50pm
- Dylan - 12:20pm - 12:50pm
- Griff - 1:15pm - 1:50pm
- Example - 2:15pm - 2:55pm
- Years & Years - 3:25pm - 4:15pm
- Fontaines D.C - 4:45pm - 5:35pm
- The Snuts - 6:05pm - 7:05pm
- Foals - 7:40pm - 8:40pm
- The Strokes - 9:20pm - 10:50pm
- Nina Nesbitt - 12:35pm - 1:05pm
- Dylan John Thomas - 1:35pm - 2:10pm
- Sigala - 2:40pm - 3:20pm
- Mimi Webb - 3:50pm - 4:30pm
- Sigrid - 5pm - 5:50pm
- DMA’s - 6:20pm - 7:10pm
- Wolf Alice - 7:40pm - 8:40pm
- Lewis Capaldi - 9:20pm - 10:50pm
What are the set times for the TRNSMT stages?
TRNSMT will host three other stages as well as the main stage throughout the festivals. They will host an array of acts from around the world.
Here is a fulll breakdown of the acts, the stages they are played and how long their sets will be:
The Boogie Bar
- Dan South - 12pm - 3pm
- Nico Balducci - 3pm - 5pm
- K4CIE - 5pm - 7pm
- BETH - 7pm - 9:30pm
- Etta Marcus - 12:45pm - 1:15pm
- The Roly Mo - 1:50pm - 2:20pm
- Dead Pony - 2:55pm - 3:25pm
- Finn Askew - 4pm - 4:30pm
- Terra Kin - 5:05pm - 5:40pm
- STONE - 6:20pm - 7:05pm
- The Skinner Brothers - 7:50pm - 8:35pm
King Tut’s Stage
- Kitti - 12:15pm - 12:45pm
- Brooke Combe - 1:10pm - 1:40pm
- Luke La Volpe - 2:10pm - 2:40pm
- Callum Beattie - 3:10pm - 3:45pm
- The Regrettes - 4:15pm - 4:55pm
- SAINT PHNX - 5:25pm - 6:05pm
- M Huncho - 6:50pm - 7:35pm
- Beabadoobee - 8:20pm - 9:20pm
The Boogie Bar
- Bruce Glenny - 12pm - 3pm
- Elisha - 3pm - 5pm
- AISHA - 5pm - 7pm
- Hayley Zalassi - 7pm - 9:30pm
- Bemz - 12:40pm - 1:10pm
- Medicine Cabinet - 1:45pm - 2:15pm
- George O’Hanlon - 2:50pm - 3:20pm
- Parliamo - 3:55pm - 4:25pm
- CMAT - 5pm - 5:40pm
- Pip Blom - 6:20pm - 7:05pm
- Baby Strange - 7:50pm - 8:35pm
King Tuts Stage
- CVC - 12:15pm - 12:45pm
- Retro Video Club - 1:10pm - 1:40pm
- Pip Millett - 2:05pm - 2:35pm
- KennyHoopla - 3:05pm - 3:40pm
- Wet Leg - 4:10pm - 4:50pm
- Self Esteem - 5:20pm - 6:05pm
- Maximo Park - 6:50pm - 7:40pm
- Jimmy Eat World - 8:30pm - 9:30pm
The Boogie Bar
- Bruce Glenny - 12pm - 3pm
- Maria Airam - 3pm - 5pm
- Frankie Elyse - 5pm - 7pm
- Hannah Laing - 7pm - 9:30pm
- Alex Amor - 12:50pm - 1:20pm
- Bonnie Kemplay - 1:55pm - 2:25pm
- LUZ - 3pm - 3:30pm
- Dylan Fraser - 4:05pm - 4:35pm
- Connor Fyfe - 5:10pm - 5:45pm
- Rianne Downey - 6:25pm - 7:05pm
- The Reytons - 7:50pm - 8:35pm
King Tut’s Stage
- Crawlers - 12:15pm - 12:45pm
- Everyone You Know - 1:10pm - 1:40pm
- Mae Muller - 2:05pm - 2:35pm
- Alfie Templeman - 3:05pm - 3:40pm
- Jamie Webster - 4:10pm - 4:50pm
- Thomas Headon - 5:20pm - 6pm
- Gang of Youths - 6:45pm - 7:35pm
- Easy Life - 8:25pm - 9:25pm
What can’t I bring to the festival with me?
The website provides a full list of prohibited items on their website.
Here is a small list of some of the prohibited items for the festival:
- No chairs
- Professional cameras
- Flares (you’ll get charged by the Police)
- Glass or metal/hard plastic bottles (including perfume/fragrance)
- Smoke canisters (you’ll get charged by the police)
- Selfie sticks
What can I bring with me to the festival?
The festival asks people not to bring a bag unless it is essential, if your bag is larger than the size of a A3 sheet of paper it will not be permitted.
The festival provides a list of some of the things that are allowed.
You can bring the following:
- Dancing shoes
- Ear plugs
- Hand sanitiser
- Lip balm
- Make up
- An empty bottle no bigger than 500ml (not a fancy reusable one though!)
What’s the weather forecast for the weekend?
Friday should have overcast conditions, with temperatures reaching 18 degrees. There is a 20 per cent chance of rain around 1pm.
Saturday is much the same, with cloudy skies and temperatures of 19 degrees predicted. There is a 10 per cent chance of rain throughout the day.
And Sunday should see similar conditions. Expect grey skies, 18 degree temperatures, and little chance of rain.
You can find out more about the weather forecast for Glasgow on the Met Office website.